Our Respiratory Therapy Department is dedicated to improving the way you breathe. The services we provide range from oxygen therapy to mechanical ventilation. A comprehensive team of licensed Respiratory Therapists is available 24/7 to help treat patients with shortness of breath and respiratory problems. Respiratory Therapists work with patients in the Emergency Department, Inpatients, Hospice and Outpatients. We provide the following services:
- Diagnostics such as pulse oximetries, peak flows, arterial blood gas sampling and measuring, and pulmonary function tests.
- Drug therapy given via nebulizers or inhalers
- Oxygen monitoring, therapy and management of cannulas, masks and ventilators
- Moist Aerosol Therapy
- Nasotracheal suctioning and Tracheostomy cleaning
- Assisting with CPR, intubation, and conscious sedation
One of the many jobs of the Respiratory Therapy Department is to perform Electrocardiograms (EKGs/ECGs) for patients. EKGs/ECGs are used to determine if a patient is having problems with their heart. An EKG/ECG is performed on every patient that enters the Emergency Department with chest pains within ten minutes of arrival.