The Benson Hospital Auxiliary members greet patients and visitors as they enter the hospital. The Auxiliary purpose is to assist the hospital through in-kind donations of time and effort. Each volunteer is unique. They offer their services for many reason, but have one things in common- a willingness to give of themselves to help those in need.
The Auxiliary runs the gift shop for the hospital. The gift shop has a variety of beautiful gifts for all to purchase. Proceeds from the gift sales and bake sales provide new
equipment and other amenities for the hospital.
Accomplishments of the Auxiliary
- Provided all necessary funding to completely redecorate seven patient rooms.
- Donations for redecorating other areas in hospital and providing equipment
- Donations toward the remolding of Nurses’ Station and Dining Room
- Significant financial donation to Benson Hospital Library
- Provide a steady supply of stuffed animals and pillows to the Emergency Room to help make the ER an easier place for children.
Due to the nomadic nature of our members, the Auxiliary is active October through May. Meetings are the first Monday of each month at 1:30 pm in the hospital training room. Annual dues are $5.00. For more information on membership contact Julie- (620)544-9461.